It took just about 40min to arrive the Polonia Airport in Medan, and our dear son behaved so well inside the flight...cayanggg Idlan! and i think he didnt had the ear pain when we were about to touch down, no cry at all..macho anak mama :) And there the tiring journey was about to begin...jeng jeng jeng...(penat woo)
DAY 1 (Medan-Parapat)
After meeting our tourist guide, Pak Anwar, we board a bus heading to Parapat (4-hr journey). Stopped at Siantar for 'kaum ibu-ibu' shopping langsir. My mum really got herself a good bargain, it only costs her RM220 for 2 peices of curtain (for sliding door), pleated, plus sewing charge. And we got enough time to lay back and rest in that air-cond shop before continue the long-hr journey to Parapat. Idlan siap main lari2 lagi dlm kedai tu, mmg dia syok duk dlm kedai langsir tuh. We arrived at Parapat late afternoon, around 6pm, checked in at Danau Toba International Cottage, and lepas dinner terus sleep! sesungguhnyer hari yg teramat exhausted utk kitorang huhu
DAY 2 (Parapat-Berastagi)
After breakfast at hotel, we boarded a big boat, crossing the beautiful and magnificent Lake Toba, and stopped at one of the island at the middle/edge of the lake, that is Samosir Island. Visited kampung org2 batak, called Kampung Ambarita and Tomok. We could get plenty of souvenirs over here, range from t shirts, skirts, caps, hand-wooden crafts, etc etc...but do ensure you got a good negotiator by your side to counter the bargain to the max ehehehe...they org2 batak pon pandai nego tau! We just bought a t-shirt for idlan and a bunch of keychains. It was frightening since a few dogs were scattered around here n there, and one of the dog passed by just next to me selamba dek jer..hish mujur tak kena samak. Pak Anwar took us to tpt org2 batak adakan upacara memancung, and apart from that n the souvenir shops, there was nothing much at the island.
We continued our journey to Berastagi, which took us another 4-5 hr journey..penat giler duk dlm bas! On the way to Berastagi, we stopped by at Simajarunjung, a place well-known for its ginger tea. The weather here was so cold, hence tourists were suggested to drink the ginger tea to heat up the whole body. A cup of tea, plus a free goreng pisang costs us RM3. And me, the one yg tak suke halia, never even dare to have a sip of it hehe...
Ok sambung perjlnan lagi, stopped at Sipiso Piso waterfall, but we didnt get down of the bus because of rain. My brother bought a sweater, nicely knitted, for only RM8 for his darling Hana because of the frequent rain ever since we got here. Arrived at Danau Toba Cottage hotel around 7pm, and as usual after dinner terus dozed off berselimut tebal (hotel ni takde air cond, tp sejuk bangat tak hingat!)
DAY 3 (Berastagi-Medan)
Pegi Pasar Buah, nama je pasar buah but apart fr selling fruits, there were lots of souvenirs with even good bargains than the one we could get at samosir island. Plus ppl here didnt chase and force us to the max like the one in the island, so bley bershopping ngan tenang sket hehe. Kat sini basically they sell the same things like other places, tshirt, caps, hand crafts, table runner, pen, etc etc....so here we spent money on idlan's vest/sweater, snow cap, table runner made of kayu lidi, and cap abah...sweater idlan yg lawa tu pon baru RM8 hish murah bangat dong! Then bertolak ke Medan town, stopped by at the curtain shop to pick up my mum's curtain, bought few pieces of embroidered kain ela utk myself, mum, MIL, and SIL, and not forgetting kain pelikat 'samarinda' for ayah and BIL. Our journey continued to Kedai Batik Danarhadi, which was more like an exclusive boutique, and we left the shop bought nothing eheheh sumer memahal beb. Last visit was the Medan Mall, the biggest shopping complex in Medan town but much smaller than our favourite Midvalley :p
Again here there was nothing interesting, i was hoping to spend most of my money here but instead none catched our interest huhu...igt nak sambar handbag ke kasut ke, but the range of brands on racks were not that popular at all..huhu sedey sedey..nyesal tak shopping bebyk kat tpt2 sebelum ni hehe. We got to fill our stomach with Mc D, here they serve fried chicken with rice, they have spaghetti, they have sundae chocolate served in cute plastic glass, and majority of them mkn nasi kat mc D hehe. Our last night here were spent at Garuda Plaza Hotel, it was rated as 3-star but if u look at the pics, it was almost like a 4 star hotel in kl.
tade ape yg menarik, pas breakfast terus gi airport nak blk KL...bubye medan...this will be our first and the last :p. Feel free to visit http://peruzyatee.fotopages.com
- medan best utk kaki shopping, be it utk yg kaya raya, atau sederhana cam kita2 ni...
- not recommended to those who wish to tag along your baby..sbb perjlnan fr one place to another gonna took u about 4-5 hrs..such a long and tiring journey! anak sure ngamuk dlm bas nanti hehe...tp idlan good, dia ngamuk kekadang je time nak tido, the rest dia behave jer :)
- jgn gopoh nak beli brg, try bargain sehabis-habisan, sbb sumer tpt jual almost the same stuffs
- food sedap2, try carik restaurant masakan minang/padang. Ni highly recommended: restoran Istana Rest kat Parapat. Serve 10 jenis lauk yg sumenyer lazat-lazat!
- kat sini yg kaya tu betul2 kaya, rumah cam villa, cam istana. Keta hebat2 belaka, majority pakai toyota..unser paling byk kat sini...al maklum kat sini takde cukai pak!
- org indon yg nak travel outside indon kena bayar fiscal tax 1 juta Rp, that equals to RM400! ni government imposed, sbb sape yg kaya2 je bley travel luar indon kan...hehe giler mahal. Tapi sape yg miskin pon terpaksa bayar gak kalo nak ke luar negara...
- toilet kat sini dipanggil 'kamar kecil'. Kalo sebut tandas org tak paham.
- jgn lupa bwk sweater, kat berastagi tptnyer sejuk bangat seh!
- jgn layan org2 yg menjual kalo takmo beli brg dia, jgn pandang langsung, kalo idak sure dikejarnyer tourist dr satu place ke satu place ngan motor...pathetic betul.