10 August 2006

The trip

(suppose to be yesterday's entry tapi blogger slow yg amat semlm)

Finally im back to office. But suprisingly this time it wasnt that hard to wake up early and resume the daily chores as before. Its been four days since i last prepared idlan's porridge, and this morning it feels good to cook for him again (after 4 consecutive days we fed him with bubur ayam mc D ehhehe)!

The trip? hmm it wasnt that good in the beginning, felt very upset and tired, just too tired to handle idlan's God-only-knows-why tantrums. Be it at the airport, before we depart, inside the plane, after landed at kk...god im just too tired till i felt like staying at hotel and sleep throughout the day doing nothing. He refused to walk, refused to sit, the only thing he wants is for mama to carry him all the time. No gilir-gilir with tok, tok wan, mak ude or even his abah! He behaves nicely inside the hotel room, jumping and running here n there, but the moment we stepped out of the room, dunno what happen all he wants is dukung dukung and dukung! My body ached all over, my pinggang and belakang running flat, at times i did put him down, left him crying and ignore him...but you know ppl might be staring at me saying what a bad mama i am (hoho) so basically i got no choice, still have to carry him around...:(

We stayed at Zaharah Hotel Apartment, same place with Promenade, but under different management. The best thing is, we get cheaper price than promenade. The room is ok, equipped with kitchen cab some more (kekonon nak masak seafood tp tak larat pon :p), its just the toilet tiles looks a bit old and usang.

Arrived KK around 1245, headed straight to hotel, had Mc D as our lunch and rest. Evening came, we went for a stroll near the sea/waterfront, had a quick peek inside the center point and went back empty handed. Dinner time we had tosei and fried mee at mamak stall nearby. The tosei, together with its dhal and curry seriously finger licking good hehe

KK time is one hr earlier than KL, so there at 6am is already terang benderang. We took heavy breakfast i.e nasi lemak that morning, and our journey to kundasang begins as early as 830am. Lucky we made a wise decision to engage local ppl, to be specific En Shamsul as our tour guide. If not i dont think we manage to get to kundasang on time. Before that we stopped at UMS and masjid terapung to enjoy the beautiful scenery and taking pics. Arrived at kinabalu park around 12++. Saw some ppl including mat salleh with their 'tongkat hikmat', assuming they just came down from their mission of conquering the mount kk. Weather is extremely cold, with the strong wind blows sehingga mencucuk2 tulang. Taking pics is a must, but quite disappointing for we couldnt see the peak clearly due to bad weather. From there we went down to Ranau town for lunch, before checked in at TM Resort Kundasang. After lepak-lepak and having enough rest, called En Shamsul to pick us up for a visit to Pot Spring. Such a serene and tranquil place, with trees everywhere, and yes it also has jambatan gantung but not that scary to cross over :) The pot spring is different from Kolam Air Panas in Baling, Kedah where it has many small and separate hot ponds available for visitors to rendam their kaki inside. But we didnt try any, malas nak tukar2 baju plus its getting dark at that time. After taking pics (as usual), moved to several souvenir stalls outside, MIL bought some pearl bracelets. On our back to resort, stopped by at a night market in Ranau, hubby tried their nasi kuning/kunyit, and we took away KFC as dinner.

Night time, i had difficulty to sleep, due to the sounds of heavy wind blowing outside. The sound....huhuh so scary, cam bunyi org pompuan wailing camner ntah cam hantu hehe. But at last tertido jugak tu pon penat paksa diri :) And oh we were so unfortunate, water heater at the resort went kaput, and the water is no way like the normal water, its as cold as an ice. Amik air semayang terketar-ketar ggrrrgrgrgrgrrr

Early in the morning, managed to get a sight of mount kk's peak even tho its been surrounded by heavy mist. Starts the day by going to town to get some vege and fruits sold nearby the roadside. And thanx so much to B and mak for the flowers (celebrated my besday in Sabah this year hehe). Flowers are cheaper than cameron, so as the vege. Next En Shamsul brought us to shops selling local crafts, which is at Pekan Nabalu. There we got very good deal, and thanx to our Mr Bargain i.e my hubby...he's really good in doing that! We bought kain pua, kayu to hang the kain, frigde magnet and t-shirts. Our next destination is Kota Belud, to visit ayah's long time college friend. Been served scrumptious and wide array of lauk pauk including telur penyu (of which i dare not try hehe). Arrived back in KK town around 2++ and we straight away went to the phillipines market. Shopping sakan there (mak la...myself shopping biasa2 jer), again mr bargain managed to get us brooch, kain pua, bracelet and many more at such a good price. Habis shopping, back to Zaharah hotel to check in and sleep.

Evening came, we initially planned to go and have seafood dinner at Gayang or Tg Aru beach but the weather didnt permit us to do so. Heavy rain plus ribut sket2, due to ribut in phillipines if we were not mistaken. Hence we just had fried chicken rice from another mamak stall nearby the hotel.

Still rain in the morning, but that didnt stop us to go and had our last min shopping at phillipines market. Get another few sets of brooch, bracelet, etc...balik hotel packing and off to airport around 1230. Arrived KL nearly 5pm, stopped at masjid dengkil to perform our solat, and menjamu perut at Malee, the ever famous spot for tomyam (sape taknah try tomyam malee, silalah pegi, dijamin sedap gilers).

Ok tu la saje citer trip kali ni...got no time to describe in details. Pics will be uploaded later.


myjulieyana said...

yati, heppy belated birthday.. teringat dah arituh pastu terlupe nak sms.. hehe

ok what u've described in full story dah tu.. kite gi KK arituh tak pegi pon kundasang.. nyesal gak rasa.. just dok sekitar promenade & paling jauh pegi makan seafood kat salut, tapi end up semua ksait perut.. hehe.. apartment tuh how much? mana awak kenal en shamsul tuh? bestnye ada tourist guide at least tahu mana nak tuju.. kita just manage to get a really good rest there.. next time kena pegi tido kat kundasang nih.. =)

Anonymous said...

mesti byk brooch yati kan..hehe..lepas ni mesti yati asyik pakai mutiara je...heheh..

bile ntah nak sampai sane..suatu hari nanti...:)

eppy belated besday yer yati..semoga dipanjangkan umur dan dicepatkan tambah baby baru..:)


yatipruzz said...

thanx julie. Kenal en shamsul thru forum dlm cari.com..pruzz rajin borak dlm forum hehe. Tp jgn tido sri intan nx time, tak best, dia tak maintain.

sue - tq! first time org wish besday plus soh tambah baby baru hehe..

mardhiah12 said...

yati, ko shopping byk tak? aku gi KK je hari tu, tmpt lain tak gi pun. as usual bargain gila2 dkt philippines market la.

yatipruzz said...

aku biasa je..MIL bykla hehe..aku budget dah off track bulan ni

puterikiut said...

yati.. horror skit sri intan tu kan.. dah la kak nieta dulu dpt banglo yang tepi sekali tu.. bayangkan dok 2 org je dlm umah 2 tkt 2.. seram je hehe.. pastu bila nak balik pagi tu baru perasan kat tingkap dapur tu menghala ke kubur.. aduhhhh

Anonymous said...

ha, come across your blog only 2 years after your posting.

your statement "KK time is one hr earlier than KL" is totally wrong bah...

people who has no knowledge about Malaysia, after reading your statement, will think that when KK is 6am, KL will be 7am.

the fact is, it is the sun that rises earlier in KK than in KL.

more fact :
before 1982, East Malaysia Time IS 30 minutes earlier than West Malaysia Time.
it was in 1982 that the government has made West Malaysia Time the same as East Malaysia Time. why? i don't know. didn't bother to find out.

so, "KK time is NOT one hr earlier than KL", but they are the same.