29 February 2012

(14) Oreo brownies - smacking sweet erkkkk!!!

Though I am a sweet-tooth person, I still find this dessert to be super duper sweet that I can still feel the sweetness left in my tongue after few minutes of finish eating them. Haha too many sweet sometimes can kill you! Once in a lifetime should be ok, but too many sugary foods in a day won’t do any good to your health! So be sure to cut down the amount of sugar if you decide to try out this recipe ya. Anyway I still love this brownie to bits. The recipe is simple, the steps are pretty easy even for a beginner, it doesn’t requires you to take out your mixer, the oreo biscuits gave added bonus (also added sweetness!) to its overall taste, and yes, it’s truly yummylicious but again please please reduce the sugar yaa!!!

hitam itu menawan!!! sori the pic seriously doesnt do justice to its taste...ai takde DSLR lar!

i just love the cracks!! also the smell coming out from oven during the baking time...sgt lazat bau dia tauu :)

from my hot stove :)

Smoothing up with cream cheese to kill the sweetness. Now you can indulge in peace :)


Now let's check out the recipe!

OREO’S BROWNIES – source kitchen guardian and rima

Ingredients
225g butter
240g cooking chocolate
3 grade A eggs
1 tsp coffee powder (i used nescafe 3in1 rich)
1 tsp vanilla
250g caster sugar
60g flour
40g cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt (i omit this)
1 1/2 packets Oreos biscuits ( I used 1 packet which I crushed with their cream)

Method
1.Melt butter and chocolate. Let them cool a bit.

2.Add sugar, vanilla, and coffee powder. Add eggs one by one, stir until well mixed.

3.Add sifted flour, baking powder and salt.

4.Stir in crushed Oreos biscuits! - i literally just crushed them with my fingers

5.Grease and line a 10 inch square cake tin (i used 9' pan) with baking paper... and bake in a preheated oven at 180C for about 25 mins. (i bake mine for 45 min, my oven really needs some servicing!! HAHA)

p/s:

I bake until they are just gooey and leave a slight mark on a toothpick that was inserted into the brownie. Hence, I got a chewy gooey brownie in texture…not a dry one. My hb likes it (and he also agreed to reduce the sugar next time) and enjoys munching them just like you munch the chewy gooey choc chips biscuits! Reduce the sugar, and enjoy them with a cuppa coffee. Just perfect!!

No comments: