Source : Nigella Lawson
250 g flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
175 g castor sugar
150 g chocolate chips - *i never weigh my choc chips, just chucked in to my liking
250 ml fresh milk
90 ml vegetable oil (75 g butter) - *i use butter
1 egg (L size)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Sift flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda and cocoa powder into a big bowl. Add in sugar.
2. In a different bowl, combine oil, fresh milk, vanilla essence and egg. Use a whisk.
3. Pour in all the liquid into the dry ingredients. Using a whisk, mix until just blended. Do not overmix.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups slightly more than 1/2 the cup.
6. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 20 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.
1. Saya rasa macam kurang manis, tapi hubby kata dah manis and sedap dah tu. Obviously i'm a sweet tooth person :p
2. Akan lagi sedap kalau bubuh melted choc chunks or bars/pipe kan ready-made choc fillings ke dlm muffin tuh...sure scrummy!